Michelle is a strong leader whose personal and professional skills have developed over a 35-year career. Keurig, Gillette, and P&G have all benefited from her ability to develop and articulate a clear vision and strategy, build brands, and identify avenues for growth.
Michelle’s key to managing and driving exceptional growth has been her ability to create a positive and focused culture that generates high employee engagement, as well as talent for creating company-wide commitment to lead with a higher purpose.
Click to Read Michelle’s Bio (PDF)
A few of the brands that Michelle has impacted include:
• The Gillette Series
• Gillette Mach3
• Oral-B Stages
“ Our employees need to relate to us. They need to understand who we are – not just at work, but as a whole human being. It’s very important that you start to think about, ‘How do I bring more than just my work persona to work?’”
– Michelle Stacy
For the last 35 years, Michelle has built a career that has culminated in leadership positions at Gillette, P&G, and most recently as President of Keurig. During that time, Michelle has balanced a 35 year marriage and dual career, two wonderful kids, and a host of hobbies. Part of her success has been the ability to bring both her work life and personal life together.
• Director Advisor to The Cambridge Group (A Nielson Company)
• Board of Directors at Tervis Tumblers and Young Innovation
• Expert in Residence at the Harvard Innovation Lab, Harvard University
Keurig, Inc.: President, 2008-2013
• $2+ Billion Division of Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR)
• Grew Keurig Net Sales at a CAGR of 61%
• Propelled Keurig Green Mountain Sales from $490 Million to $4.2 Billion in 5 years
• Awarded “Top 10 Places to Work” by the Boston Globe
• Built Keurig into a well-known household brand
• Led Keurig Innovation and Keurig Partner Strategy
Archpoint Consulting, 2007-2008
• Managing partner
• Consulted on Marketing, Sales, OGSM, and Executive Coaching
Procter & Gamble: VP/GM, Oral Care, 2005-2006
• Led the Global Dental Professional Business for Crest and Oral-B
• Integrated the Crest and Oral-B businesses
• Sales and Marketing across 70 countries
The Gillette Company: VP, Global Business Mgmt, 1982-2005
• Led Oral-B manual toothbrushes. Delivered a +5 USA share gain and global CAGR of +5%
• Led innovation path that resulted in Oral-B Stages and Emerging Markets Oral Care Line
• Led the Parker and Waterman fine-writing instrument business
• VP of Marketing USA during the launch of Mach3
• Member of team that launched The Gillette Series globally
• Parker Brothers
Kellogg Graduate School of Management
• Second class of women to attend Dartmouth College
Michelle looks forward to the winter for skiing. A regular at Sugarbush for the last 30 years, she combines Vermont skiing with trips out west to ski the powder and bowls. It’s a fabulous family sport!
Michelle loves the outdoors and sports. She is willing to try all sorts of adventures including diving (even with sharks), whitewater rafting, canyoneering, mountain biking, and hiking.
Michelle enjoys seeing the world, particularly the outdoor places. Much of business life has involved traveling globally. For pleasure, Michelle has been to the Serengeti on a spectacular Safari. She has been to Bryce, Zion, the Grand Tetons, the Alps, Belize, and Australia to name a few. One of her favorite places is Costa Rica, a spot she has returned to multiple times.
Michelle has shared her life adventures for the past 35 years with her husband Bud. Bud, a CFO, and Michelle have successfully managed the dual career lifestyle.
Michelle and Bud have raised two kids to adults. Danielle Stacy is a Dartmouth ’11 graduate, a Cornell Veterinary School graduate and is currently an Equine Sports Medicine Vet in Connecticut and Florida. An avid, competitive equestrian, Danielle has combined her strength in sciences with her expertise in horses. She has a specialty in Equine Sports Medicine. When not on call, Danielle can be found either traveling to a horse show to compete or at the stable. Randall Stacy, a complete dare devil, pursues all things extreme. An accomplished backcountry snowboarder with many extreme credits, Randall has traveled the world to compete in snowboarding events. He also graduated from Dartmouth, worked for the Center of Innovation and Design at Boise State and is now a full time Mountain and Rock Climbing Guide for the Sawtooth Mountain Guides. When not studying or snowboarding, you’ll find him rock climbing or hiking in New Hampshire.
What is life without the unconditional love of a dog? Michelle has two Australian Shepherds, Opi and Pippin. They are her running, horseback riding, mountain biking and hiking companions. Her morning ritual is to have her coffee on the couch with both dogs snuggled in. “Nothing starts the day better than having them next to me (sorry Bud)!”
Michelle rode and competed during her high school years, and then took a 30-year break from the sport. She restarted at the age of 50 and is back in the show ring. Michelle learns a tremendous amount about leadership by understanding the teamwork that goes on in the show ring and at home between her horse and herself. “It is amazing how important communication and shared leadership becomes to compete successfully.”
Learn more about Michelle’s keynote topics.